For some time, fans of mobile consoles have expected that there will soon be a compact and slightly slimmed down version of the Nintendo Switch. This has now presented by the manufacturer – in the form of the Nintendo Switch Lite.
Nintendo Switch Lite: more compact and in one piece
While users can take the controllers off at the big switch, the Switch Lite comes in one piece. That is, the control buttons are fixed to the housing. However, the Switch Lite is compatible with the optional JoyCon controllers. They can be wirelessly connected to the new console.
The new subscription service “Nintendo Switch Online” offers
The display of the Switch Lite is slightly smaller than the main console. Instead of 6.2 inches, the screen measures only 5.5 inches diagonally. The IR motion camera and the HD Rumble function has also been canceled by Nintendo on the Switch Lite.
Bag for Nintendo Switch
✔ Compact and portable design
✔ Made of high quality material
✔ Space for up to 19 games
Users can choose between three colorful colors. Nintendo offers the Switch Lite in gray, yellow and turquoise.
Technical features of the Nintendo Switch Lite
- Display: 5.5 inch LCD, 1280 x 720 pixels
- Memory: 32 GB (6.2 GB already occupied by system), expandable via micro-SD
- Processor: Adapted NVIDIA Tegra processor
- Battery: 3,570 mAh, permanently installed
- Connection: WLAN ac, bluetooth 4.1, NFC, USB C, jack
- Dimensions and weight: 91.1 x 208 x 13.9 mm / 275 g
- Colors: gray, yellow, turquoise
- Price: 199 Euro, available from 20 September 2019
The keyboard layout of the new Nintendo Switch Lite
Game selection and multiplayer mode
However, to play games that do not support handheld mode, you need to connect to JoyCon controllers.
The Nintendo Switch Lite supports both local and online multiplayer modes. Up to eight switch or switch-lite consoles can be interconnected. Users can then play games with or against each other in multiplayer mode.